Why Machine Hair Strokes are Better than Microblading
All services including eyebrows are performed using a machine with a single-use sterile cartridge of one or more needles. I prefer this method for many reasons.
- More control over depth and amount of pigment being deposited in the skin. Leading to more predictable consistent results.
- Less trauma to the skin, because we’re not slicing your skin open with a blade as in the case of microblading. With machine hair strokes, there is almost no trauma to the skin. The tiny needle or needles that we use to draw feather-like hair strokes go in and out of the skin depositing tiny molecules of pigment at an adjustable rate. Less trauma means less scabbing and more color retention after healing. It also minimizes the risk of scar tissue which is very common with microblading procedures. Machine hair strokes are also customizable. Not all skin types are the same, different skin types require different needle sizes to achieve desired results. This brings me to my next reason for preferring this method.
- Can be done on all skin types!! Yes even if you have been told that due to your skin type you could not have microblading you CAN have machine hair strokes! Because the procedure causes less trauma and can be customized it can be performed on all skin types, even sensitive, mature, and oily skin types. It can even be done on top of old permanent makeup and scar tissue!
- Lasts longer. Because the pigment is deposited into your skin via tiny needles rather than scratched into it. Results last longer. Most clients don’t need a touch-up for 2- 3 years, unlike microblading which typically needs to be touched up every 6-18 months.
- Less painful! Less trauma equals less pain. This method is so much less painful than microblading. I have had many clients who have had their eyebrows done other places in the past who can’t believe how much better their experience is with me. It all boils down to less trauma to the skin and understanding which needles to be used for each unique skin type.
- Experience. Did you know that most microbladers are 2 day trained? Using a machine takes much more understanding, practice, and skill, it requires a steady hand and artistic ability. Artists who learn to create natural-looking hair strokes with a machine are dedicated to long-term results. They are artists who care about their craft and their clients. They are not just trying to make quick money from an eyebrow trend.
- Fast. Because a machine is used to deposit pigment and not a manual hand method, procedures are fast! Usually taking no longer than 1 hour and 30 minutes from start to end. Including signed consent forms time to numb and drawing brows on before procedure to ensure you are happy with the shape before actually applying pigment. Less time in the skin means less trauma!! Meaning better-healed results and less pain! Yes please!!